A Movie Drinking Game for True Blood
- One of the vampires “pops” their fangs out, or you hear a classic monster hiss. Double drink if there’s a simul-pop-hiss!
- Some person gets just COATED in gore. In True Blood, much like in real life, there are two types of people: those who scream in horror at being coated in gobs of blood, brains, or sticky red jelly-like substances, and those who are simply delighted!
- Characters are experiencing some love troubles. Usually this involves a monster love triangle. For example, a human/shifter/vampire love triangle, a faerie/vampire/werewolf love triangle, or your basic werewolf/werewolf/werewolf love triangle. Let’s face it -- love is messy.
- You witness ghoulocracy in action. How’s a monster supposed to relax and knock back a few beers/humans when there’s the American Vampire League, the King of Mississippi, AND Operation Werewolf breathing down your neck? Not like the old days. Kickin’ it with Godric was the JAM.
- There’s a reference to “V.” Much like marijuana, V is a gateway drug. It makes you stronger, faster, and it gives you a giant boner AND delusions of grandeur. Wait, no, it’s more like Viagra. But with hallucinations.
- Someone’s gettin’ fang banged. According to Hustler, everyone should have sex with a vampire at least once before they die. Funny how they didn’t say the same thing about werepanthers. Probably because of all the clawing and raw meat-eating. And the dental problems. Aaaand the bed sores.
- A vampire moves super-fast and blurry. If you’re like me, there have been many, many times when you wished you could suddenly vamp-dash out of a situation. “Oh, you’re a video store manager, you say? Fascinating...” [vamp-dash]
- Monster bigotry becomes apparent. This could be human-on-monster bashing or monster-on-human bashing or even monster-on-monster bashing. We’re ALL at fault here. Except for Godric, who is perfect.
- Take a sip of your Bloody Sookie whenever someone enjoys some Tru Blood. It’s “AB positive-ly” delicious!
- Drink whenever there’s an awesome pun (see Bonus rule #1). Double drink if you are not evolved enough to appreciate puns, you lowly human.
Find This Movie