A Movie Drinking Game for The Princess Bride
- Someone speaks of “True Love.” Just so you know, True Love cannot be stopped. It can, however, be significantly delayed by pirates, eel-infested waters, giant rats, temporary death, and a lack of reliable public transportation.
- Enemies take a break from stabbing each other or crushing each other’s heads with small boulders and participate in a bit of light banter!
- Dread Pirate Roberts is mentioned. This has always been MY idea of retirement... but HR says that a 401K is more reliable. I’m like, in THIS economy??
- A very cute Fred Savage interrupts the story. Double drink if he sasses his grandpa! Don’t hold the eye-rolling against him too much. It is a kissing book, after all.
- You see GIANT HANDS. We imagine hanging out with Andre the Giant on the set of this movie must have been the greatest thing ever.
- Prince Humperdinck is being a real douche. OK, so we can’t fault him for having giant bell sleeves and basically wearing a dress the whole movie. It was the style at the time. But hanging out with Count Rugen? That guy’s a real CREEP.
- There are imaginary monsters or places. Personally, I think R.O.U.S.’s are misunderstood. So they hang out in trees and stare at you. And they have trouble closing their mouths, except when biting you in the shoulder or foot. AND they are probably really a child in a fur-suit. But I’m sure they’re really nice once you get to know them!!
- WATERFALL for the hard fall! Bonus points if you can simultaneously yell AAAAS YOUUUUUU WIIIIIIISH!!
- WATERFALL for water torture! Nobody withstands... The Machine.
- Knock back a swig whenever someone gets knocked out! Bonus bonus points if you don’t get blackout during this movie.
Find This Movie