A Movie Drinking Game for The Big Lebowski
- The dude refers to himself as "The Dude" or just says “dude.” If you want to drink every time anyone says the word “dude,” then you’re braver than we are.
- The nihilists are seen or mentioned. Just so you know, not every nihilist has a band, a hit overseas record, AND a role in a porn movie starring Tara Reid and Asia Carrera. Surprisingly, though, most do in fact have an amphibious rodent.
- Walter Sobchak gets angry and starts yelling. If you know Walter like we do, you know that it doesn't take much to set him off. Sometimes it’s stepping over the line in bowling, sometimes it’s not wanting to pay for your best friend's urn, but most of the time it’s if you try to say ANYTHING. He’s a good guy, though. If you’re dealing with goddamn amateurs or you need to find a severed toe FAST, he's your man.
- The Dude will not stop talking about that rug. But it did tie the room together, so we can kind of see why he’s so fixated on it.
- Walter turns an everyday conversation into a rant about the Vietnam War. But can you blame him? Walter's buddies didn’t die face down in the muck to NOT be the center of every conversation.
- The Dude mixes himself up a new White Russian. Many think that the drink of choice for this drinking game is the White Russian. These people are either wrong or have a death wish, as that would surely kill you.
- The Dude’s sprawled out on a couch or chair. Every once in a while, when the timing is right, I try to sprawl out like the Dude. For some reason, though, sitting spread legged in a chair with only a robe on disturbs the people I’m with and they always ask me to leave.
- Walter tells Donny to “shut the fuck up.” It’s not that Walter doesn’t like Donny, it’s just that Donny is out of his element and has no business being in that conversation. It’s nothing personal.
- Take a swig every time someone asks a person to clarify what they’re talking about. Usually this phrase has an F-bomb dropped in there somewhere, but sometimes they’re a bit more polite. Well, Donny’s a bit more polite, anyway.
- Sneak an embarrassed sip every time Philip Seymour Hoffman laughs nervously.
- Celebrate every strike with a triumphant toast!
Find This Movie