A Movie Drinking Game for Starship Troopers
- You hear the word “Roughnecks.” Death from Above! In theory, this means you destroy bugs via aircraft. In practice, it means a bug flies down and grabs you with its spiky bug legs and then your commanding officer has to mercy-shoot you. But still a good tattoo!
- Rico gets dissed! First Rico’s hometown is exploded by BUGS. Then his best girl leaves him for some Melrose Place looker. Then he gets a public whipping AND a massive, gaping leg wound?? Some guys just can’t catch a break.
- There is a BRUTAL BUG KILL (man on bug or bug on man). Oh, you want examples? How about torn in fucking haaaaalllllfffff.
- Dizz wants Rico BAD. Seriously, what is Johnny’s problem? Ok, so she has frizzy side-curls. But she also likes football. AND loves to show off her tits. She is the perfect woman.
- Someone loses, or has lost, a limb. Sure, a head counts as a limb. Oops, spoiler alert!
- A cadet gets seriously effed up. You know what they say about training camp: if the food doesn’t kill ya… then your Career Sergeant breaking your arm/choking you/throwing a knife into your hand just might.
- Someone says “citizen.” Look, joining up means you run the risk of having a vajaynus bug suck out your brains. But on the plus side, it’s easier to get a license to have a kid! There are still no guarantees, though.
- You get to watch a new government-sponsored public service announcement. THE FUTURE IS NOW.
- You witness bug bigotry. Years from now, we will cringe when we hear references to “more than two legs” or the derogatory epithet “bugs.” Verhoeven has truly captured an embarrassing, but important, moment in our cultural history.
- Knock one back for our men and women in the Armed Forces! They are the real heroes. And Michael Ironside.
- FINISH YOUR BEER for co-ed showering.
- Take a swig whenever someone pulls off the infamous Flip-6 Three-Hole! Do not attempt this at home. You are not a Roughneck.
Find This Movie