- Someone's making an incredibly awesome contorted face. The way people look when they're getting scanned is basically what happens when I try to do math in my head.
- There's an explosion! Scanners is most famous for its [SPOILER ALERT] head-exploding scene, but my personal favorite is the gentle, 15-mph, low-impact car crash that incinerates everyone in a 50-ft radius.
- You see a trench coat. Stylish, practical, and with plenty of deep pockets for storing animal tranquilizer, the beige trench is an unnamed corporate henchman's garment of choice.
- You hear the name "Revok." Why does everyone keep saying "Revok" all the time? Oh. It's because his first name is "Darryl."
- Somebody gets tranquilized! Scanners are able to read minds, manipulate nervous systems, and create really awesome art, yet they can still be bagged 'n tagged like a common cheetah. BONUS: double-drink if a Scanner is actually able to escape this shameful fate by turning the tables on a henchman.
- A person is referred to as a "Scanner." Fun Fact: Michael Ironside is the only actor in this movie who is actually a Scanner. He performed all his own stunts.
- Finish your beer for the [SPOILER ALERT] head explosion! It's ironic that despite being a Scanner, that ConSec nerd never saw it coming.
- Pop a shot when you see the Giant Unexplained Zit. Makeup malfunction? Male PMS? Subtle social commentary? Who knows! One thing's for sure: that thing needs popped BAD.
Find This Movie