A Movie Drinking Game for Downton Abbey
- An adult helps another adult get dressed. Aristocracy isn't just letting someone else dress you, it's somehow making them feel good about it at the same time.
- A servant gets SERVED (i.e., insulted). For example, Daisy's entire life.
- Two characters (OK, mostly O'Brien and Thomas "the Vamp") are plotting mischief/murder/mayhem. Evil plotting was cited as the no. 1 reason for banning smoking at the workplace.
- It's tea time! Downton Abbey has taught me that whenever there is an awkward pause in the conversation, just suggest tea time. Note that you may need five or six tea times to get through some conversations.
- There is sister sniping. Sure, my sister and I used to kick-fight in the car on family trips, but these broads take it to whole new levels of Baby Jane craziness.
- Characters exchange a knowing glance. Knowing glances are what people had to use before we got emoticons.
- The Dowager Countess burns someone with her acerbic wit. Ladies, remember that eventually your looks will go, but your ability to publicly shame someone will only get better.
- Take a drink whenever you see one of those hipster -- I mean, old-timey -- bikes.
- Throw your drink into your TV (or take a swig) when characters shun/fear technology.
SEASON 3 and 4:
Got suggestions? Put 'em in the Comments below!
- Take a shameful sip whenever a man is emasculated.
- Knock back a Cosmo whenever sisters are doin it for themselves. With the men off at war, ladies are taking on new skills left and right! (Yet they still somehow can't dress themselves...)
- Eat some Cheez-Whiz on a saltine, with dignity, whenever someone throws together a passable dinner in the face of adversity.
Find This Movie