A Movie Drinking Game for Dirty Dancing
- Someone gets roped into a dorky arranged activity. It’s all fun and games getting sawn in half and trying on that Cleopatra wig... until Johnny sees you! Jeez, embarrassing!!
- Baby’s learning. We don’t get access to Baby’s diary, but I imagine it goes something like this: “Wednesday. Today I learned how to bump pelvises with a 35-year-old stranger. :))))) But I also learned that pelvis bumping = abortion. :((((
- Pelvises collide! WARNING: See above.
- Somebody does a backbend. This rule may break you.
- You see underwear. Dancers are free creatures, and the “leotard loophole” allows them to freely show undies in public without scorn.
- You notice obvious classism. Class disparity was rampant in the 1980s, I mean, 1960s, and nowhere is it more apparent than in Dirty Dancing. Personally I was hoping for a kind of Warriors-style showdown at the end, with dancers vs. waiters, but looks like that only exists in that fan-fiction novel I wrote.
- Baby is super optimistic! Who says you can’t join the Peace Corps, arrange a friend’s abortion, AND carry a watermelon all in one summer??
- WATERFALL for the final lift! Bonus points if you lift a friend over your head at the same time.
- Drink when you realize that Baby’s sister has giant coconuts. Where have they been hiding this whole movie??
- Lock arms with two friends and 3-way drink when you see 3-way dancing! Bonus points if you don’t put your heel down.
- Drink whenever Newman cracks a joke or busts out in a hilarious cackle. Oh, Newman, you kill me!
- Drink whenever you see tons and tons of LATTICE! Fun Fact: Encircling the entire bottom half of lake houses in 16 feet of LATTICE was hugely popular in the late 1980s, I mean, 1960s. Sorry, I keep getting confused by Baby's cut-offs.
Find This Movie